Are you passionate about helping technical teams deliver value? As a technical project manager at MHA-NYC, leaders in mental health innovation and suicide prevention, you will drive the completion of technical projects -- large and small -- that impact health, wellness, and suicide prevention for tens of thousands of people.
- manage day-to-day client communication and coordination of cross-functional delivery teams including technical, clinical, and executive stakeholders.
- meaningfully communicate status to internal technical and executive teams as well as external clients and partners.
- communicate roles, road map, risks, and resources, to ensure high quality on-time delivery.
- provide hands-on management, coaching, and implementation during various phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, deployment, training, and success validation.
- ensure that every client-facing communication reinforces clarity, focus, and high quality.
- cheerfully manage complex client relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- manage the making and keeping of client-facing commitments, including request-, issue-, and risk-lists.
ensure clear understanding of client requirements and wishes, clear approval and sign-off communications, and clear recognition of value delivered.
Sometimes the clients will be very complex: like a multi-stakeholder government organization, with multiple levels and units. Sometimes the client will be simple: like a small internal clinical group.
- have 2+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of program management experience.
- have excellent communication, organization and management skills.
- are a world-class kitten herder, able to help teams and clients keep their eyes on the prize.
- know how to help teams and clients bust through logjams and jump over hurdles.
- have experience getting things done in complex organizational environments engaging people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- have experience managing vendors and partners.
- have knowledge of processes, such as SCRUM or Agile.
- know how to use PM processes with surgical precision; you prefer thoughtful use of the right tools, and avoid tree-killing process bloat.
- Experience with and opinions about standard project management tools & techniques such as Gantt charts, charters, RACI/DACI, time-boxing, risk list and mitigation, software quality management, change management.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401k available.