Technical Support Specialist
We’re looking for a part-time IT support technician to provide expert cheerful support to our team of dedicated employees and volunteers who manage the United States network of suicide hotlines and other national and NY health-related programs.
Are you the one who friends and family call when they accidentally delete that presentation due tomorrow? Are you the one your classmates or colleagues turn to when their email account is hacked by someone named p0wn3r?
Working under direction of the Helpdesk Supervisor, you will handle support for end-users, including taking calls from local or remote users, opening and tracking tickets, and working problems through to a solution.
Depending on business needs and your skills and interests, you may setup and connect computer software and hardware, debug desktop or network issues, create and disable user accounts, handle various data importing/exporting/reporting needs, document processes and best practices, and generally help ensure users are smiling and bits are flowing.
- are a great problem solver; you know how to get to the heart of an issue quickly, and you know what steps are needed to make things better.
- are detail oriented, and know you work isn’t done until you’ve crossed every t and dotted every i.
- like to help people. When people contact you, they may be frustrated. They may not know the difference between a Bluetooth mouse and a Mickey Mouse. With your professional demeanor and positive problem solving skills, you set them at ease.
- are a great communicator, able to speak and write clearly.
- are good at troubleshooting Windows networking and desktop issues, and you likely have experience or certified training that helps demonstrate your skills.
Flexible hours and room to grow.